نویسنده: حبیب الماسیان - ۱۳۸٧/۳/۱٤
Small Talk: Conversation Starters
|Talking about the weather
- Beautiful day, isn't it?
- Can you believe all of this rain we've been having?
- It looks like it's going to snow.
- It sure would be nice to be in Hawaii right about now.
- I hear they're calling for thunderstorms all weekend.
- We couldn't ask for a nicer day, could we?
- How about this weather?
- Did you order this sunshine?
|Talking about current events
- Did you catch the news today?
- Did you hear about that fire on Fourth St?
- What do you think about this transit strike?
- I read in the paper today that the Sears Mall is closing.
- I heard on the radio today that they are finally going to start building the new bridge.
- How about those Reds? Do you think they're going to win tonight?
|At the office
- Looking forward to the weekend?
- Have you worked here long?
- I can't believe how busy/quiet we are today, can you?
- Has it been a long week?
- You look like you could use a cup of coffee.
- What do you think of the new computers?
|At a social event
- So, how do you know Justin?
- Have you tried the cabbage rolls that Sandy made?
- Are you enjoying yourself?
- It looks like you could use another drink.
- Pretty nice place, huh?
- I love your dress. Can I ask where you got it?
|Out for a walk
- How old's your baby?
- What's your puppy's name?
- The tulips are sure beautiful at this time of year, aren't they.
- How do you like the new park?
- Nice day to be outside, isn't it?
- I didn't think it would be so busy today.
- You look like you've got your hands full (with children or goods).
- The bus must be running late today.
- It looks like we are going to be here a while, huh?
- I'll have to remember not to come here on Mondays.
- How long have you been waiting?